My alarm was set for 5:45am this morning and after snoozing for 25 minutes (I finally gave in at 6:10am) I finally got out of bed and lumbered through my morning routine to get ready for work. I fell into the car, slept through my subway ride and said goodbye sleepily to Shaista when I got off at Dundas Station.
As I walked into the Atrium, I noticed this very annoying beeping sound that was emanating throughout the building. Building security was apparently conducting some early morning tests to ensure that the alarm system was working fine and dandy.
That was at 8:09am.
It is now 9:18 and the damned alarm is still continuing to be tested, while building security asks us every so often to forgive them for their insolence. How can you do this to people on a Friday morning?! I know it's better than a Monday morning, but HOW am I supposed to concentrate on my work *cough Sudoku puzzle* when there is this very annoying and very loud ringing in my ears!
Enough with the alarm rant; don't think it's cause they stopped the testing. It's only because I think I'm coming off as a raving lunatic that spends all her time complaining. So on to other things, I've finally decided that...I'm going to camp! *Insert applause here* I've been talking about getting out of the city for so long and it just hit me that this is the perfect way of doing it! From August 1 till August 4, I'll be enjoying some (halal) fun up at Kinark Outdoor Centre. Anyone interested in coming can find forms and information at http://www.cig.ca. Yayy for camp!
That is all for now, I should probably return to my work *cough novel cough* as my co-workers start to trickle in.
P.s. At 9:26am building security announced that they would continue the alarm testing for atleast another hour! AHHHH my sanity!!
You know you love me,
xoxo
Alarmingly Mad Girl
1 comment:
Is it wise to invite the general public to go to camp with you? Hehe
I took a look at their vision " to promote the teachings of Islam according to Shia Ithna-Asheri Jafri Faith and to provide facilities to its Members and their families;", so it sounds like I might stick out like a sore thumb :P
Post a Comment